Drift off into the clouds. Quick tips for a solid night's sleep from London's Sleep and Mindful Living Shows at The Business Design Centre March 15th and 16th, 2019.
Your lifestyle has a huge impact on your sleep, from exercise, diet, and stress, to establishing a consistent sleep routine.
Sleep in turn impacts your life, including your mood, weight, performance and appearance.
Here is a simple check list. See how you are doing and if there is something new you can incorporate into your lifestyle:
- Stay hydrated throughout the day - drink lots of water.
- Exercise reduces stress and helps maintain a healthy sleep routine. Best to exercise in the morning.
- Napping is controversial. Some experts say don't nap while others say its best to nap between 2-4 (if you can!!).
- Purchase a new mattress every 8 years.
- Your body likes rhythm and routine - create a consistent bed and wake time.
- Try to avoid the "lie in". Staying consistent is key!
- Create a "Sleep Routine" - wind down with a cup of tea, read a book, use aromatherapy and eliminate screen time an hour before bed.
- Excessive alcohol prevents the body from going into deep sleep.
- A good diet is key to getting a good night's sleep.
- Eating a banana before bed is a great, natural sedative as if contains magnesium and potassium.
- Consider Sleep Supplements. Link Nutrition offers a great food-based supplement called Night.
- Eliminate all natural light from the bedroom while sleeping.
- Remove electric gadgets from the bedroom. Purchase an alarm clock so you can charge your phone in a different room.
- Before bed, make a plan for tomorrow - take a load off your mind.
To incorporate Aromatherapy into your "Sleep Routine" try the all-natural Spritz Wellness Sleep Spray. Be sure the Sleep Spray you are misting on your pillow is all natural and doesn't contain unpleasant additives. You don’t need to be inhaling unwanted impurities. Spritz Wellness sprays are made with pure essentials oils.
Just Shake, Mist, Inhale and Sleep.