JOY is a deep feeling of happiness, contentment or satisfaction. Joy differs from happiness as joy is a stronger, less common feeling than happiness. Feeling spiritually connected to a god or to people causes joy. Joy also tends to be a more inward, peaceful contentment where happiness is a more outward expression of elation. Joy tends to be lasting where happiness is more temporary based on external circumstances.
We have put together a list of a few simple guidelines to help elicit "Joy" in your life.
- Savour the senses. Learn new things in life by paying attention to your senses. The sense of smell, taste, sight and most import listening. Become connected with your environment. When was the last time you really stopped and tasted your meal?
- Focus on what you can impact in your life right now to create more joy.
- Try to be more at ease.
- Be willing to not know. Be willing to learn new things. When have you last tried something new?
- Eliminate expectations and don’t attach yourself to expectations as this tends to lead to disappointment. Try to have a open mind.
- Embrace uncertainties in life.
- Remember you always have a choice.
- Laugh, have fun and enJOY